HCM College Financial Planning Services
Concerned about the rising cost of college? We understand.
Services We Provide
- Create an overall financial plan with recommendations for the best way to pay your share of college costs
- Calculate Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
- Provide complete financial overview on cash flow needs for college and retirement, developing a plan to improve each area
- Review and implementation of your college and retirement plan
- Review your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form to ensure accuracy
Our College Planning Team
We understand that sending your kids off to college may be the most expensive time for your family and we would love to help design a plan that works for you. Our college planning team at Hengehold Capital Management includes Greg Middendorf, a Certified College Planning Specialist, Casey Boland, and Jim Eutsler. They are passionate and knowledgeable about how to save for college and still stay focused on your retirement savings plan.
Greg would love to talk to you about how he can help you create a family financial plan that incorporates retirement goals and college savings. Greg and his wife have four young children and education for their children is a top priority. In addition to creating their own family college savings plan, they believe teaching their kids about money sooner than later will reap many benefits for their future. If you want to read more about teaching kids about money, here is a great book: The Opposite of Spoiled: Raising Kids Who are Grounded, Generous and Smart About Money.
Jim comes from the corporate world of P&G, having worked in the finance and accounting areas. His new career in financial and retirement planning comes out of his passion for helping families successfully navigate these areas. As a father of two school age children, this topic of how to afford to pay for college without jeopardizing your retirement funds is one Jim is well-versed in. He has written a number of articles about college savings plans. Just ask him about Coverdell Accounts and 529 Plans - he'll share everything he has learned.
Casey has over 20 years of experience in the financial and banking industry. Casey has an Executive Certificate in Financial Planning from Xavier University and he is a member of the Financial Planning Association. Casey has been on the radio in the Cincinnati community for eight years, discussing money matters related to budgeting, saving for retirement, investing, debt management and one of his favorite topics, saving for college. Casey even has his own webpage, Money Matters with Casey.
If you'd like to talk to Greg, Casey or Jim about college planning, funding and saving options, please call 513-598-5120 or fill out the form using our "Get Answers" button.
Here are some web resources to help parents planning for the high cost of college.
- CollegeData.com - An online resource for the college planning process.
- CollegeNavigator.gov - This is a website by the Federal Government that will help you understand the crucial “Net Price” information.
- Saving For College.com - College savings resoure site plus scholarships and financial aid.
- CollegeAdvantage.com - A resource for Ohio's 529 Savings Plans.
- Finaid.com - A great resource for financial aid.
- College Board.com - Offering recommendations to improve and simplify the financial aid system so that enrollment and full participation in college is possible for all students.
- Fastweb.com - The leading online resource in finding scholarships to help you pay for school.